Print Your Book With The Finest Materials
Schiel & Denver Book Publishers proudly guarantees that both you, and your readers, will be satisfied and impressed with the high standard of both our book production and book printing.
We meet all U.S. book printing industry standards
At Schiel & Denver Book Publishers, we take a very traditional approach towards quality control. It has to be the best. From paper type to softcover and hardcover materials, our books are high quality products manufactured from ISO14001 U.S. suppliers. Schiel & Denver Book Publishers proudly maintains the highest book production standards, from the first print run to the last, employing only experienced U.S. book printing technicians to ensure all U.S. book printing and publishing industry criteria are met.
This means that Schiel & Denver books are considerably better in quality over internet 'self publishing companies' whose printing problems have included missing pages, pages printed upside down and low grade paper that falls out the spine after reading. Schiel & Denver only uses the finest materials and we have standardized our printing procedures at each of our U.S. state-of-the-art book publishing facilities in Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Maine, so that our books are equal in production quality to any book produced by a major traditional publisher and distributed to stores like Barnes & Noble.
BOOK PRINTING IS INCLUDED IN ALL SCHIEL & DENVER PUBLISHING PACKAGES
Schiel & Denver Book Publishers has implemented the following exemplary book production criteria:
- We ensure that all pages are included in the book, no pages are missing and are set in accordance with supplied materials.
- We ensure Text is centered on each page, and consistent with the original submission from Schiel & Denver's Editorial Department. The process from editor to printer is seamless.
- Cover and book block have correct ISBN/EAN
- Cover is applied with correct vertical, horizontal, and angular alignment within 1/16 of an inch - State of the art Commercial Xerox Digital Printing Machines
- Offset-level Binding is applied firmly and squared to the book block. No excess adhesive is visible after trimming.
- Book is cut square within 1/16 of an inch (.016 cm) variance.
- Cover and Book Block match.
- Text pages are clean and de-speckled consistent with original submitted materials.
- Print registration is subject to +/- 1/16 inch (.016 cm) variance.
- We use an inline spectrophotometer which automates color adjustments and callibrations to consistently deliver superior image quality and spot color accuracy.
- Schiel & Denver has installed at our U.S. printing facilities Transactional Electronic Registration (TELER) which provides consistently accurate images and precise registration - +/- .65 mm image-to-sheet and front-to-back registration with 8.5" x 11" paper.
- Schiel & Denver has implemented Sheet Enhancement Modules with our iGen4 printers to take challenging environmental factors into account, creating unparalleled sheet flatness, and giving you outstanding stack quality and high performance with down-stream finishing.
- We guarantee offset-level image quality with a smooth matte finish, together with the reduced costs, environmental and time efficiencies associated with digital print-on-demand technology.
- As a standard fitting, Schiel & Denver uses Revolutionary Emulsion Aggregation (EA) fine particle toner. This ensures that the final quality of your book is comparable to, or exceeds, offset-level output, with finer lines, higher levels of detailing, and high resolution finish.
- Our printing supply chain is enhanced with Auto Density Control, which virtually eliminates streaking by automatically detecting and eliminating density variation on the page and cover.
- Carrier Dispensing System replaces traditional developer and yields consistent color uniformity
- Our High Definition Linearization eliminates the need for gray scale calibration, resulting in better production of neutral grays and highlight shadows, improved photo smoothness and greater color stability.
- For color books, we use advanced Color Profiling enabling greater color consistency and realism in objects such as faces and skies - accurately matching GRACoL and ICC DeviceLink standards.
- Schiel & Denver has invested in a wide array of paper stocks including coated, uncoated, textured, smooth, and specialty; and the largest cut-sheet size of any digital color press.
Schiel & Denver's friendly book publishing professionals are available to help you choose the right mix of book publishing services and products for your book. Open a ticket with our 24/7 author support department to discuss your book publishing options.