Minor Author Corrections - $35 per round + $2 per correction
To order this service please call us at 832-699-0264 quoting your Author ID and Service #S2A-1
This service is only available to Schiel & Denver Authors
As described in S&D's book publishing instructions, unless you wish to order professional editing services, all authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts in a completed editorial condition - i.e. not requiring any alterations or changes.
If you have already submitted your manuscript and wish to make editorial changes, you must inform your desk editor without delay. Implementing editorial changes after you have submitted your manuscript heavily impacts on the book production process, in terms of both production costs and time. Please note that any corrections you make after submission will necessarily slow down the publication of your book.
- To ensure our authors remain in total control of the publishing process, Schiel & Denver has developed the minor author corrections service, to assist authors correct their own mistakes. This service can be purchased online, and is appropriate for up to 70 identifiable errors.
- If you have identified more than 70 author errors in your manuscript, this is classified as a major editorial event. To continue with the publication of your book, you will be required to resubmit your revised manuscript to your design team for complete reformatting, and a major retech.
- To provide flexibility for authors, if you decide to implement fundamental editorial changes, post-submission, you can hire Schiel & Denver's professional copy-editing service, or engage the expertise of a freelance editor.
Learn more about the book production process.
How do I purchase this service?
- The cost of this service is $35 per round of corrections, plus $2 per correction.
There is a standard $35 base fee for each round of author corrections, which is on account of the complexities involved reformatting and altering design material during the book production process.
- If you have already published your book, and wish to make corrections, please engage our Post-Publication Revisions service.
If you are only implementing 1-2 corrections, you will only need to pay the base fee of $35.
Schiel & Denver's friendly book publishing professionals are available to help you choose the right mix of book publishing services and products for your book. Open a ticket with our 24/7 author support department to discuss your book publishing options.